Dates: 16th – 19th May 2024
Venue: TBC, Bath/Bristol
- A Deposit of £50 is payable on booking.
- A place on any course is not guaranteed until the deposit of £50 is paid. The balance of the course fee is due one month before the course start date to guarantee a place.
- Courses are reduced by 5% if booked at least 2 months in advance.
Our senses begin as potential and develop in response to stimulation and experience. The senses of touch and movement are located throughout the body – in every cell.
The senses of vision, hearing, taste and smell are located in the head. It is through our senses that we receive information from our internal environment (ourselves) and the external environment (others and the world).
How we filter, modify, distort, accept, reject, and use that information is part of the act of perceiving. Perception is a global experience. It is the psychophysical process of interpreting information based on past experience, present circumstances and future expectations.
When we choose to absorb information, we bond to that aspect of our environment. When we block out information, we defend against that aspect. Learning is the process by which we vary our responses to information based on the context of each situation.
This course will include:
- Exploration of the six senses (movement, touch, taste, smell, hearing and vision).
- Analysis of the perceptual-response cycle as the process of perception.
- Bonding, defending and learning as psychophysical processes based on your perceptions
All course applicants should answer the Application Questions as set out here and submit via email or post to us.