Dates: 8th -17th January 2020 (Day off: 13th)
Venue: London, studio TBC
- A Deposit of £50 is payable on booking.
- A place on any course is not guaranteed until the deposit of £50 is paid. The balance of the course fee is due one month before the course start date to guarantee a place.
- Courses are reduced by 5% if booked at least 2 months in advance.
The skeletal system provides us with our basic supporting structure. It is composed of the bones and the joints. The bones lever us through space and support our weight in relationship to gravity and the shape of our movements through space. The spaces within the joints give us the possibility of movement and provide the axes around which the movement occurs.
The skeletal system gives our body the basic form through which we can locomote through space, act on the environment, and sculpt and create the energy forms in space that we call movement. Through embodying the skeletal system, the mind becomes structurally organized, providing the supporting ground for our thoughts, the leverage for our ideas, and the fulcrums or spaces between our ideas for the articulation and understanding of their relationships. It provides the foundation for the psychophysical qualities of clarity, effortlessness and form.
This course will include:
- Skeletal principles that enhance effortless movement.
- The relationships between bones and joints and how they integrate through the whole body.
- Evaluation and repatterning of skeletal alignment and movement imbalances.
- Techniques for facilitating the repatterning of the internal structure of bone.