Dates: 17th – 23rd October 2020 (Day off: 20th)
Out of the Blue Drill Hall
36 Dalmeny St
Nearest airport Edinburgh or Glasgow. Buses to Leith Walk, Pilrig Street.
Contact us for a list of rooms and places. Try Air BnB.
- A Deposit of £50 is payable on booking.
- A place on any course is not guaranteed until the deposit of £50 is paid. The balance of the course fee is due one month before the course start date to guarantee a place.
- Courses are reduced by 5% if booked at least 2 months in advance.
If the Basic Neurocellular Patterns are the words, the Primitive Reflexes, Righting Reactions and Equilibrium Responses are the fundamental elements, the alphabet, of our movement. Underneath all successful, effortless movement are integrated reflexes, righting reactions and equilibrium responses. The reflexes are the most primitive patterns that occur in response to specific stimuli, and they establish basic survival patterns of function. The righting reactions are important in establishing a vertical or upright posture against gravity and a continuous head-torso axis. The equilibrium responses are patterns which maintain balance of the whole body in the dynamic relationship between the shifting of one’s center of gravity through space and one’s base of support.
This course includes:
- Fundamental building blocks of human movement (the alphabet of movement).
- Postural tone and physiological flexion and extension.
- Differentiating the RRR in relation to the three planes of movement (horizontal, vertical, sagittal).
- The roles of the RRR in readiness for relating to earth and heaven, gathering and reaching, taking hold and letting go, weight bearing, rolling, vertical uprightness, locomotion and equilibrium.