Please register via the booking system and answer the application questions below.
A place on any course is not guaranteed until the deposit of £50 is paid. The balance of the course fee is due one month before the course start date to guarantee a place. See below for our Bank details.
We have payment plan options for a limited number of students so please contact us about this option if required.
If you would rather register by post contact us for a registration form and please complete the application questions and send the payment by cheque paid to Touchdown Dance/EMA or by Bank transfer.
Early Bird discount- If registering up to two months before the course there is a reduction of £5 per day per course.
Cancellation policy reminder:
Please note: Having registered and you cancel up to 2 weeks before a course starts, we retain £50 deposit to cover administration costs and refund you your balance. If you cancel within two weeks of the start date the remaining course fee is due.
PLEASE NOTE, UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED:
The first and last day of each course are full days. The classes start at 9:00/9.30 in the morning and end at 18:15. There is usually a One and a half to two-hour lunch break.
The course fees do not include accommodation - information on travel and accommodation can be requested.
All applicants should answer the following questions and submit via e mail or post.
Application Questions: What we would like is to better know who you are, what you are bringing to the program, how you can be a resource to others in the program and what you need from others in the way of support. We hope this application will also help you become clearer about yourself, your goals and your expectations. If you need to speak with someone regarding your application or any of the questions, please feel free to contact us.
- What is your educational background? Please list any post-secondary schools attended, dates, and any degrees or certificates received. You may enclose a resume instead of answering this question.
- Please list work or other significant experience. You may enclose a resume instead of answering this question.
- What experience have you had with Body-Mind Centering®? How did you first hear about it? Have you had individual sessions, classes or workshops with a Certified Practitioner? Who? Approximately how many hours?
- Please list your experience with other body-mind disciplines (movement, dance, bodywork, other psychophysical approaches). Indicate whether your experience has been casual, serious amateur, semi-professional or professional.
- What are your reasons for wanting to take this course or program? What are your expectations?
- An important aspect of this program is its experiential nature. You will be working deeply with yourself and closely with other individuals and the group as a whole. You will be presented with a range of different teaching styles from our staff and different learning styles from other students. At times, you will be asked to step into learning styles that you may be unaccustomed to. In regard to these things, please tell us 1) your strengths and talents and 2) areas where you need support.
- Do you have any physical or emotional conditions that could affect your participation in this program? If, yes, please describe.
- Are you interested in the full Somatic Movement Education Program or in individual courses? Would you be interested in the 4-year Practitioner Program or the Infant Developmental Movement Education Program if offered in Europe?
Please return to Katy Dymoke, Embody-Move c/o Touchdown Dance, Waterside Arts Centre, Sale, M33 7ZF e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment Information: If you pay by bank transfer please give your name and course as reference.
Name on account: Touchdown Dance EMA
IBAN GB92 RBOS 1630 3210 2621 24 IBAN BIC; RBOSGB2L. Sort code; 16-30-32. Account nr; 10262124